ANNOUNCEMENTS (as of August 8, 2022)
The class schedule for the Fall 2022 session is now available.
- PLEASE NOTE: You must have a RecDynamics account in order to register. More information is available on the back of the registration form.
- Registration forms will be available at the Mott Community Center, David R. Pinn Community Center, Kings Park Library, and Pohick Regional Library beginning Monday, August 15, 2022. There will be no downloadable form.
- Drive-through registration will take place at the Mott Community Center on Tuesday, August 23 and Wednesday, August 24, 2022 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Walk-in registration will take place at the David R. Pinn Community Center on Thursday, August 25 and Friday, August 26, 2022 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Registration forms submitted via US Mail should be sent to the David R. Pinn Community Center (10225 Zion Drive, Fairfax, VA 22032) before Wednesday, August 24, 2022, to ensure that they are delivered during the registration period.
- Registration is required for all classes. Only Fairfax County publications and websites are to be used for registration and scheduling.
- You may bring ONE (1) additional registration form, only if the individual has a disability limiting them from coming to the facility in person to register themselves. If you cannot make the drive-through or in-person registration for either day, please follow the directions to mail in your registration.
- PLEASE NOTE: You will only receive an email from staff if you DO NOT get into a class for which you enroll.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Lee Maguire, or the new Adult and Senior Program Director, Alec Pavlakis, at the Mott Community Center (703-278-8605).
The next Advisory Council meeting will be on August 16, 2022.
Masks are no longer required.
Participants may choose to mask or not while enjoying the SWCOW programs. Social distancing for physical activities is no longer required, but is recommended.
Fairfax County’s priority continues to be a safe environment for all. While participating in any of the Burke/West Springfield Senior Center Without Walls classes, it is strongly encouraged to continue to abide by safety practices put in place, including:
- Observe social distancing, when possible,
- Practice proper hand washing,
- And please do not come to class if you are feeling ill.
For more information, visit the Fairfax County Health Department website on COVID-19.